Obstetrics & Gynecology
The OB/GYN resources offered at AVH are a reason to visit AVH!
At Androscoggin Valley Hospital, we take women’s health care seriously. After all, we are the only hospital in Coos County that delivers babies! In addition to providing comprehensive gynecological care, we also offer wonderful, family-oriented obstetrical care at AVH's Valley Birthplace. Best of all, we treat every woman with the compassion, understanding, and respect she deserves.
Dr. Krzysztof "Kris" Plociennik of AVH Surgical Associates brings extensive experience to women in the communities of Berlin and Colebrook. We provide complete gynecological and obstetrical care for women at every stage of life, from adolescence through menopause. Dr. Plociennik provides help with gynecological problems, preventive health care, birth control, pregnancy, obstetrics, infertility, osteoporosis, first menstrual cycles, and menopause education.
We share a working relationship with Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, whose highly-trained staff assist with pre-term and high-risk deliveries.
AVH offers the following services:
- Routine gynecological examinations
- Birth control services
- Infertility treatment
- Prenatal care, labor management and delivery
- Birthing options, including natural childbirth techniques
- Breast-feeding consultations
- Post-pregnancy care
- Abnormal pap smear treatment and follow-up
- Gynecological surgery, including laparoscopy
- Pelvic pain
- Breast care
- Incontinence and uro-gynecological treatment
- Menopause education
- Osteoporosis evaluation and treatment
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Women’s imaging including digital mammography, sonography dual x-ray absorptometry
For more information, or to make an appointment at our Berlin location within the AVH Professional Center, or at Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital, please call AVH Surgical Associates at (603) 752-2300.